MONARCH HIGH SCHOOL Teacher: Señora Pillsbury/Señora “P” (pronounced “peh”)
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español! Welcome to Spanish Class!
Teacher e-mail: Alexis.Pillsbury@browardschools.com
*Keep this paper in your class binder at all times*
- Follow all code of conduct rules
- Stay in your assigned seats
- Complete all work on time
- Come to class on time and with all supplies
- No food in class
- No phones– must be turned off (or on silent) and in back packs
- Respect yourself, respect others, and respect your school
- Students need 1 Binder
- Students need dividers for the binder
- Students need lots of loose-leaf paper in their binder, at all times.
- Pencils and pens for everyday use
- 1 red pen for correcting papers
- Index Cards for vocabulary flash cards
- Colored pencils for projects
Written Assignments, Projects, and Homework
- ALL HOMEWORK AND PROJECTS ARE DUE ON THE ASSIGNED DATE. You will have 2 days (for every day) beginning the first day you are back from an absence to turn in any missed work.
1. Tests- Students will have unit tests at the end of each unit. These tests will be announced in advance in order to ensure proper study time.
2. Quizzes – Students will have various quizzes per unit. Quizzes will cover vocabulary, grammar, and culture. Quizzes will be ANNOUNCED OR UNANNOUNCED. Therefore, it is important to study the material that is covered in class each night.
3. Makeup’s- Makeup days will be on the day of your return from the absence. Please make sure you make up any quiz or test in a timely manner to avoid receiving a “0”. I will not chase you to make up a test or a quiz --- Check the website frequently, as I will update it daily with important dates. In pinnacle students will receive a Z, which is a zero, when the assignment is turned in the grade will change to the appropriate grade.
4. Oral Participation- Students will be required to participate in different types of activities, where they will be practicing Spanish.
It is extremely important that students and parents be aware of the need for DAILY ATTENDANCE AND CLASS PARTICIPATION IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE CLASS. If you are not here, you cannot learn.
BE PUNCTUAL – lateness to class causes disruptions
Consequences for tardiness/skipping class
Tardies – After 3 tardies to class, parents will be notified, and an administrative referral will be written. There is ample time to switch classes, so there is no excuse for being late.
Skipping class will lead to an automatic referral to administration.
If you have difficulty in one of the areas previously mentioned follow these procedures:
- If a student is experiencing problems with the class please see me before school, so we can discuss the problem and I can suggest ways to assist you and to help improve your work.
- Students will be required to review regularly their grades on the Pinnacle website. Grades will NOT be discussed during class periods.
- PillsburySpanish.weebly.com (SPANISH CLASS WEBSITE)
- browardschools.com/sso --- log in using your pinnacle log in.
Profesora Pillsbury’s email address: Alexis.Pillsbury@browardschools.com